Sunday, December 6, 2009

December 5

I didn't workout on December 4...Lazyiness set in and with all the excitement around Aiden's surgery and caring for him I just didn't feel like going out. Oh wait I did play Wii for 30 minutes which Sarah said was my workout...that doesn't work, trust me.

Today was a different story, the family all went out shopping and that was kind of a joke, Aiden wasn't much for being out and about. He was not having a good day. We did however manage to go get a TV stand and finally have our living room look pretty decent with the Flat Screen on the wall and all the audio components in a tv stand, Looks really good!

So I decided against my ownself to go and workout and i'm glad I did. I've been running for 3 months now and I have to admit that its not all that bad. Tony from church said that I should run 8 minutes and walk 2 minutes and that would help me run farther and better. I've been trying that now for a few weeks and have to admit that it has helped the running. In fact, yesterday I was able to run for 40 minutes with speeds between 5.3-6.0!

I am finding however that my knee is feeling sore about about 2 miles so I think I want to get a small knee brace to help that out. So after about thirty minutes I decided that I wouldn't do the full hour running/walking instead I would incorporate some high rep, light weight workout. I did and this morning I am a bit sore. All in all it totaled 1 hour (40 minutes running/walking 3 miles) and 20 minutes weights.

On another note, I bought new shoes for running probably back in October and now they are falling apart, not sure if it because i'm running or if its a defect, probably will need to take them back.

If you are wondering all this in preparation for P90X beginning in January. Lisa and I are going to begin this workout and it should be very interesting, I'm sure my posts will get better as we go through that whole routine...if anyone has had any experience with it, please let me know what I'm about to get myself into :)

No comments:

Post a Comment